June 21, 2015
GRACE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
GRACE, A GROWING PLACE!
FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK…
Gen. Douglas MacArthur wrote this prayer for his son. He prayed: "Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, & brave enough to face himself when he is afraid. One who will be proud & unbending in honest defeat, & humble & gentle in victory. Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds - a son who will know Thee, who is the foundation stone of knowledge. Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease & comfort, but under the stress & spur of difficulties & challenge. Here let him learn to stand up to the storm. Here let him learn compassion for those who fail. Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past. And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor so that he may always be serious but never take himself too seriously. Give him humility so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, & an open mind of true wisdom, & the meekness of true strength. "Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, `I have not lived in vain.’"
Debbie Marshall, Jim Ryder, Vikki Hayden, Bud Castle, Dan Sayers Sr, Roger Smith, David Drukker, Shareen Jenkins, Mike Jones, Warren Ridings, Lance Cox, Sally Hatfield, Jane Estep, Rosemary Estep. Those in Charleston South Carolina
- HAPPY FATHERS DAY !!!
- We will be baptizing again today!!! Praise the Lord. Have you been obedient concerning Baptism?
- It’s here! VBS starts tomorrow 6:00 - 8:15p! Bring all the kids you can for a "Journey off the Map". Don’t forget to cover the week, the workers, and the children in prayer. It runs June 22-26th Thank you to all who came out and helped decorate yesterday.
- There will be a Festival on Friday the 26th. with a bouncy house, dunk tank, and games and food !!!
- There will be no service this evening and no teens or midweek services because VBS.
- There will be a weekly Bible Study at Eaglewood Retirement Center every Monday at 10:15 to 11:15 am. Bro.Jim Chubb will be leading the study.
- We are in need of a newer 15 passenger van. If anyone knows of one please let the pastor or one of the deacons know.
- ATTENTION! We have started providing bus services for Sunday School and worship service. Next Sunday’s Driver: Bryon Hollenbeck (937-244-6944). If you are in need of a ride please contact him before 8am. We also have a weekly schedule, if you would like to be added, please let us know and we will add your name to the schedule. If you are added to the weekly schedule and will not be attending, please contact the driver so that the route may be adjusted. Thank you. A schedule of driver’s is also posted on the back bulletin board.
- Please remember to turn in your “Blessings In A Bottle” to Deb. Thank you for your support for the Pregnancy Resource Center.
- Mark Your Calendars! WMU ladies have been meeting on the 1st and 4th Saturdays from 10-2 here at the church to make plastic mats and sewing baby blankets for the community as well as the next mission trip to Guatemala.