July 5, 2015
GRACE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
GRACE, A GROWING PLACE!
Bud and Karen Castle, Jim and Phyllis Ryder, Dan Sayers, Warren Ridings, Debbie Marshall, Larry Spangler and family, Jane Estep, Vikki Hayden, Arnold Holloway, Katie Knisley, all those traveling
- We enjoyed our monthly Fellowship breakfast this morning. Join us the first Sunday of every month before Sunday School for a time of food, fun, and fellowship.
- There were two saved this past week at teen devotions from seeds planted at VBS. We will be baptizing them next week. Praise the Lord! Have you been obedient concerning Baptism?
- There will be a weekly Bible Study at Eaglewood Retirement Center every Monday at 10:15 to 11:15 am. Bro. Jim Chubb will be leading the study.
- We are in need of a newer 15 passenger van. If anyone knows of one please let the pastor or one of the deacons know.
- ATTENTION! We have started providing bus services for Sunday School and worship service. Next Sunday’s Driver: Deb Brown (937215-0400). If you are in need of a ride please contact her before 8am. We also have a weekly schedule, if you would like to be added, please let us know and we will add your name to the schedule. If you are added to the weekly schedule and will not be attending, please contact the driver so that the route may be adjusted. Thank you. A schedule of driver’s is also posted on the back bulletin board.
- WMU ladies have been meeting on the 1st and 4th Saturdays from 10-2 here at the church to make plastic mats and sewing baby blankets for the community as well as the next mission trip to Guatemala.
FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK…
I want to thank you all for your prayers for my mother while she was in the hospital. Wednesday evening at 11:23 she crossed the finish line of this life. Mom had been longing to go to heaven for a long time to be with Jesus, dad, Roxie and a host of others. We were blessed to have a great example of a Godly mother and her teachings will continue to help direct our lives. Mom's viewing will be Wednesday from 5-8 pm. at Richards Raff and Dunbar and the funeral service will be Thursday at noon here at Grace, with visitation at 11:00am. Her obituary is in today’s newspaper. Mom had a sister in law in Tennessee, Sally that was a sister in heart, they called each other "sis". Sally passed away Wednesday evening also. Please the family in Tennessee in prayer as well Psalms 116:15 " Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
~Pastor Orbie Estep, Jr