May 7, 2016
A Growing Place
Ellen Schultz, Chakara Dozier, Roger & Nellie Cultice, Mike Jones, Thelma Farmer, Dwaine Wallace, Debbie Rudd, Bob Deel, Candy Knapp, Chuck and Susie Ryan, Nina Shaffer, Effie Pressnell, Phillip Marshall and family
A construction crew was building a new road through a rural area, knocking down trees as it progressed. A superintendent noticed that one tree had a nest of birds who couldn't yet fly and he marked the tree so that it would not be cut down. Several weeks later the superintendent came back to the tree. He got into a bucket truck and was lifted up so that he could peer into the nest. The fledglings were gone. They had obviously learned to fly. The superintendent ordered the tree cut down. As the tree crashed to the ground, the nest fell clear ans some of the material that the birds had gathered to make the nest was scattered about. Part of it was a scrap torn from a Sunday school pamphlet. On the scrap of paper were these words: He careth for you (Matthew 10:29-31)
• We celebrated our Monthly Fellowship breakfast this morning. Come out and join us before Sunday School at 9:00 am on the first Sunday of every month for a good time and fellowship.
• Tonight's evening service, Brother Chris Baldwin will be here singing, He has a new CD. Come out and support. We will be running the church van tonight for anyone who needs a ride. Please call Sister Deb Brown.
• Our church van run's every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please let Sister Penny Brown know.
• Thank you all that bought Easter eggs. We raised $1,554.00 for WMU for community projects. There are those still collecting their money. Please see Sister Deb Brown.
• Men's and Women's business meeting tonight at 5:30 pm.
• Mother's Day is next week!! Let's start inviting our children and mothers now. We will have something special for each mother here!
• Vacation Bible School is fast approaching, June 19-23rd, please be in prayer about how you can serve and see the bulletin board to get signed up. See Sister Dee Zerkle for any questions.
• The upcoming VBS meetings are 5/20, 6/10, 6/17 at 10:00 am.
• Skyler and Aloni McNutt will be starting a Young Adult ministry, Friday evenings at 7:30 pm. . Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
• Teen's Group Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm.
• Men's Bible study Tuesdays at 7:00 pm.
• Our Wednesday evening Bible study in in the small books of the Bible, Come join us!
• Women's Bible Study, here at Grace. Have felt that your life was interrupted by God's plan? Or felt the fear of doing what God has called you to do? Well, come out and join us as we learn from the life of a man who knows what that's ll about!! We are studying the book of Jonah. It's not too late to join us! Bring a friend and come out for a great time in God's word. Let's grow together, ladies!! See you Thursday at 6:00 pm.
• Garage Sale: WMU will be having a garage sale Saturday, June 3rd. All proceeds will go towards the building fund. We need donations!! If you have big items (furniture, large appliances) please let us know that we can add it to the newspaper ad. Questions please see Sister Deb.
• Used Book/CD Sale: Clean out your closets and shelves of all those books and CD's that you have enjoyed and share them with others. The sale will begin May 1st and run the whole month. All items will be sold for a donation. All proceeds will go the building fund. Start bringing in you books/Cd's now. Any questions see Sister Deb.
• Our Prayer Group meets here on Thursday morning from 9:30 am to 10:30 am Come join us in prayer. Please enter quietly through the sanctuary doors. If you are interested in being a part of a prayer circle at this time please see Sister Deb.