May 14, 2017
Grace Missionary Baptist Church
A Growing Place
Thelma Farmer, Effie Caudill, Ann Shipley, Ellen Shultz, Chakara Dozier, Chuck Ryan, Nancy Snyder, Steve Steinmetz, Leo Merchant, Candy Knapp, Dave and Betty Wagner, Leola Justice, Robert Randall, Roger and Nellie Cultice
From The Pastor’s Desk
Sing me no eulogy of praise, Give me no hallowed stool; Just let me be my children’s friend, Their bulwark in life’s school. Don’t make of me a gilded queen, Or unsophisticated clod, But let me understand their needs, And point their way to God. Help me to live the things I preach, Admit my faults and fears, Oh let me be humbled enough To blend with theirs my tears. Let me be firm to earn their trust; Not gullible of weak. Let me be firm to earn their trust; Not gullible or weak. Let my child know I care enough To mean it when I speak! This world needs mothers with a goal, Unswayed by changing fad, Who love the Lord and by this grace, Can tell good from the bad. I seek no sentimental crown, No high and lofty praise. But give me children who will stand Through these ungodly days. The greatest ‘thank you’ I could ask, Most satisfying pay, Will come when they are at Christ’s side On God’s great Judgment Day! ~Dorothy Sickal
- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
- There are a lot of BOOKS down stairs take what you like, leave a donation! You can also contribute by bringing in your used books or cds.
- Our church van run’s every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please let Sister Penny Brown know.
- The WMU will hold the election of officers at next month’s meeting, June 4th. Please keep this is prayer and consider if you would like a position.
- Annual Church Picnic is Sunday June 11th.
- Vacation Bible School is fast approaching, June 19-23rd, please be in prayer about how you can serve and see the bulletin board to get signed up. See Sister Dee Zerkle for any questions.
- The upcoming VBS meetings are 5/20, 6/10, 6/17 at 10:00 am.
- Skyler and Aloni McNutt will be starting a Young Adult ministry, Friday evenings at 7:30 pm. . Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
- Teen’s Group Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm.
- Men’s Bible study Tuesdays at 7:00 pm.
- Our Wednesday evening Bible study in in the small books of the Bible, Come join us!
- Women’s Bible Study, here at Grace. Have felt that your life was interrupted by God’s plan? Or felt the fear of doing what God has called you to do? Well, come out and join us as we learn from the life of a man who knows what that’s ll about!! We are studying the book of Jonah. It’s not too late to join us! Bring a friend and come out for a great time in God’s word. Let’s grow together, ladies!! See you Thursday at 6:00 pm.
- Garage Sale: WMU will be having a garage sale Saturday, June 3rd. All proceeds will go towards the building fund. We need donations!! If you have big items (furniture, large appliances) please let us know that we can add it to the newspaper ad. Questions please see Sister Deb.
- Our Prayer Group meets here on Thursday morning from 9:30 am to 10:30 am Come join us in prayer. Please enter quietly through the sanctuary doors. If you are interested in being a part of a prayer circle at this time please see Sister Deb.