May 19, 2019
Grace Missionary Baptist Church
1301 Beacon Street
Richard Chaney, David Drukker, Edie Davis, Tom Finney, Dan Brubaker, Thelma Farmer, Effie Presnell, Kay and Jim Bowers, Scott Robbins, Betty Sawyer, Larry Timmins, Gertrude Burton, Dave and Betty Wagner, Larry Hayden
From The Pastor's Desk
A constant guide
A young pilot had just passed the point of no return when the weather changed for the worse. Visibility dropped to a matter of feet as fog descended to the Earth. Putting total trust in the cockpit instruments was a new experience to him, for the ink was still wet on the certificate verifying that he was qualified for instrument flying. The landing worried him the most. His destination was a crowded metropolitan airport he was not familiar with. In a few minutes he would be in radio contact with the tower. Until then, he was alone with his thoughts, his instructor had practically force him to memorize the rule book. He did not care for it at the time, but now he was thankful. Finally he heard the voice of the air traffic controller. "I'm going to put you on a holding pattern." the controller radioed. Great! As a pilot, however, he knew that his safe landing was in the hands of this person. He had to draw upon his previous instructions and training and trust the voice of an air traffic controller he could not see. Aware that this was no time for pride, he informed the controller, "this is not a seasoned pro up here. I would appreciate any help you can give me". "You've got it!" For the next 45 minutes, the controller gently guided the pilot through the blinding fog. As course in altitude corrections came periodically, the young pilot realized the controller was guiding him around obstacles and away from potential collisions. Whith the weeds of the rule book firmly placed in his mind and the gentle voice of the controller, he arrived safely at last. The holy Spirit guides us through the maze of Life much like the air traffic controller. The controller assumed that the young pilot understood the instructions of the flight manual. His guidance was based on that. Such is the case with the holy spirit: He can guide us if we have a knowledge of God's word and his will-established in our minds.
- Tonight we will have a special singing group Wallen Ridge from Tipp City will be here at 6 PM. Please invite all you can to come.
- Mark your calendar. Our annual Church picnic is Sunday June 9th.
- Help us as we partner with the Pregnancy Resource Center for their "Blessing in a Bottle" campaign again this year. This campaign runs through Father's Day. Fill a baby bottle with your spare change to help them make a change please see sister Julie Brannon for any questions.
- Grace has a new phone number 937-717-9187.
- If you would like to help out with this year's VBS "In The Wild", happening June 17th through the 21st, please let sister Dee Zerkle or the Pastor know, we ask that all volunteers attend each of the meetings listed below to get all pertinent information about schedules, lessons, and procedures. Let's have a great year!!
- Saturday May 25th, June 8th, June 15th decorating day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on all the dates.
- Attention ladies. The Women's Bible Study is still going strong come out and join us.
- We have prayer cards on the table out in the main hall please let your requests be made known on them in our prayer team will be praying for them during Sunday School. If you have a prayer request you would like it shared please write "share" on the prayer card and it will be mentioned after Sunday School.