WEEKLY BIBLE VERSEAnyone who follows me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life. (John 8:12)
FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK…An older gentleman was walking along the seashore one day in the hot sun. As he walked he was sweating profusely and seemed to be in a hurry! Every few steps he would bend over, pick up a starfish from the hot, burning sands and cast it back into the cool waves. One after another, after another, after another he would pick the starfish up and cast them into the water. Some would come back to the hot sand as the waves washed them back in while most would eventually go into the deeper waters of safety.
A young man came along, after having watched this for a while and told the old man, "You are wasting your time and energy. There are thousands of starfish on the sand, what difference can you possible make?"
The old man seemed to ignore this younger man. He simply bent over picked up another starfish and threw it into the water. As he quickly moved on to the next one, the old man turned to the younger man and said, "Well, it sure made a difference for That one didn't it!" Let's all try making a difference in 2018.
PRAYER NAMES:Effie Pressnell, Roger and Carol smith, Dave and Betty Wagner, The family of Cleva Fish, Leon Parrett, Linda Leonard, Joe Hess, Brinley Phillips, The Dozier family, The Marshall Family
- Our Valentine's day banquet is February 10th at 5:30 PM arriving upstairs at 5:15 PM It's the men's turn this year and their theme this year is... Big Secret!! This is an adults only event. Come out and enjoy a great time. Please be sure to sign up on the sheet on the bulletin board for us to get an accurate count.
- Congratulations to the Phillips family on the arrival of their baby girl, Brinley Roxanne Phillips!
- God is Good!! And He goes before us. His plan will NOT be stopped. The planning board of Springfield seemed enthusiastic about a church being built on our lot! #HeIsMoving.
- Come Join us for Wednesday evening Bible study. We are in the book of Colossians.
- We are collecting tissues for the sanctuary, if you have an extra box, or would like to add an extra box to your shopping trip, we thank you and are confident that God will bless!!
- Be in Prayer for our Guatemala 2018 Mission team. They will be leaving in March. It will be here sooner than you think!! Don't forget they are still collecting $5.00 for either a pair of shoes for a child or Bible for the adults. Check out the flier on the back bulletin board or see Sister Deb for more questions.
- Our church van runs every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please see Sister Penny Brown.
- Skyler and Aloni McNutt have a Young Adult Ministry at the 616 Building, Thursday evenings at 7:00 PM. Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
- Men's Bible study Tuesdays at 7:00 pm.
- Teen Devotions on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM.